Re: Another 7.1 EXECUTE Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Troxell
Subject Re: Another 7.1 EXECUTE Question
Date
List pgsql-general
Brian Troxell wrote:

> I'm getting an error when forming SELECT statements using the new 7.1
> EXECUTE command. The error states, simply, that there was an unexpected
> SELECT within the EXECUTE command.
>
> Which leads me to ask: can I actually form SELECT statements using
> EXECUTE, or is there something else I need to be doing?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Cleverly, I left out a lot of details.

I was actually trying to use EXECUTE to call another defined function,
creating that function name on the fly. Is this possible at all?

I've even gone so far as to hard-code the execute statement with the
desired function (execute ''select function_name(2)'';) and that also gave
the same error.

Thanks again! (in advance)

-Brian Troxell
trox@mindspring.com