Re: RE: Using Postgres with Access 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: RE: Using Postgres with Access 2000
Date
List pgsql-general
> Let me rephrase my words. :)
> I have created postgresql tables with pgaccess.  I am unable to add
> new records to those tables using Microsoft Access 2000.  How do I
> remedy this situation, and also, is there a way to create tables
> within Microsoft Access 2000 on the Postgresql server.

Questions about Access + Pg are most appropriate to pgsql-
interfaces, BTW.

By default, ODBC connections to Pg are read-only. Did you turn off
BOTH read-only option boxes?

You can create tables by using the DDL statement as a 'Pass-
through query' in Access.

More complete answers can be found in the Pg+Access FAQ at
www.scw.org/pgaccess.

Good luck,

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org