Re: jdbc: getBinaryStream blocks on second call - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Greg Speegle
Subject Re: jdbc: getBinaryStream blocks on second call
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Within JDBC 1.0, it is required to access the columns in a result set
row from left to right
and only once. Since the Postgres JDBC driver is not totally 2.0, it's
not mandatory, but it
is a real good idea. I'd suggest storing the byte array somewhere so you
don't have to
read it twice. If you have to read it twice, the only way to gaurantee
that it works, is to
close the Statement and do it again.

Greg Speegle
Baylor University