jdbc: getBinaryStream blocks on second call - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ingo Luetkebohle
Subject jdbc: getBinaryStream blocks on second call
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I'm using the Postgresql-JDBC interface inside of a Jave Server Page
and request a large object. When the page is first called, it works
fine. When its called twice for the same database row, the
ResultSet.getBinaryStream method blocks infinetely. This is on
postgresql 7.0.3 (from RPM, on Linux, glibc).

The code is something like:
dbc.setAutoCommit(false);Statement st = dbc.createStatement();ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("SELECT contents FROM file
WHEREid=" + id);dbc.commit();if(rs.next()) {    Reader r = new InputStreamReader(rs.getBinaryStream(1));    char buf[]
=new char[2048];    for(int read = r.read(buf); read != -1; read = r.read(buf))        out.write(buf, 0, read);

    out.flush();    r.close();    is.close();}

(yes, I known that the getBytes method is more convenient but the
JspWriter class a JSP page provides can't write byte[], only char[])

-- Ingo Luetkebohle / ingo@blank.pages.de / 95428014
/