Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Greg Speegle
Subject Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
There is actually an 8K (or so) limit to text field length. Although I
believe that is going away
soon, if it hasn't already.

For text fields of that length you have to use Blobs. In fact, as I
understand it, eventually the
JDBC driver will do this for you automatically.

Greg Speegle
Baylor University