Thanks.....& How do I implement Connection Pooling....;-)) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Sanjay Arora
Subject Thanks.....& How do I implement Connection Pooling....;-))
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
First of all I would like to thank all those who helped me solve my slow
odbc access problem. Shutting off odbc logs helped & recompiling the odbc
driver on NT really boosted the performance a bit. This can only happen on
the net.....I couldn't have afforded a consultant !!

I am using postgreSQL v. 7.0.2 on RH Linux 6.2 on the server with VB6
Application accessing the DB through postgrSQL ODBC driver v. 6.50 and
another accesing through JDBC.

Now I want to pool my connections on the postgreSQL server. Can some people
give me some pointers? Some Web Resources for studying this subject? My
experience on connection pooling is limited to MTS in MS environs.

With best regards.

Sanjay.