Re: Table whose name has Capital letters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Table whose name has Capital letters
Date
List pgsql-general
I have not used that version of postgres for a while, but on my version
(7.0.2) that scenario works fine. The way it is supposed to work, everything
should be case-insensitive. It should not matter whether you ask for nov2000
or Nov2000, it should be the same table, and should give you an error if you
try to make both tables.

You may have encountered a bug, but it is unlikely to be fixed in the
6.* series, since the primary focus is on the 7.* series right now. It is
fixed (I think) in 7.0.2, so I suggest upgrading if it is convenient.

Hope this helps,
Jeff Davis