Table whose name has Capital letters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gabriel Fernandez
Subject Table whose name has Capital letters
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi ,

I have created a table with the name 'Nov2000' and now it is impossible to
access it, because psql is always searching for the table 'nov2000'.

The only solution I have found is to manually modify the pg_class table and
the name of the physical file associated to the table.

Have I done something wrong or is it a bug ?  I mean, it seems psql is
alwyas converting the query string to lowercase, but it doesn't when you
create a table, a index or a sequence.

I'm running  6.5.3 PostgreSQL on a Linux RedHat 6.0 machine.

Thanks,

Gabi :-)