Re: copying/moving from one table to another - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jie Liang
Subject Re: copying/moving from one table to another
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi, there, <p>I do not quite sure is this what you want? <p>1. if newtable(one you want save) does not exist: <br
newtableexisted, you append some record into it: <br />insert into newtable select * from oldtable where clause; <br
wholerecord <br />from one table to another, equally structured table in the same DB? <p>Background: I have some tables
whichhold information concerning our <br />staff, where people quite so often come and go, because their <br
/>employmentcontract is limited to a year or two. When deleting a <br />person in the DB, I don't want to lose this
informationcompletely, <br />but I want to save it in a backup table. <p>I suppose this is a newbie question, maybe I

Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121