Re: pgsql is 75 times faster with my new index scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From devik@cdi.cz
Subject Re: pgsql is 75 times faster with my new index scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > The last step could be done in two ways. First by limiting
> > > number of indices for one table we can store coresponding
> > > indices' TIDs in each heap tuple. The update is then simple
> > > taking one disk write.
> >
> > Why limit it ? One could just save an tid array in each tuple .

because when you add new index you had to rescan whole
heap and grow the tid array ..

> Indice's TIDs are transient.
> Isn't it useless to store indice's TIDs ?

but yes Hiroshi is right. Index TID is transient. I first looked
into pg sources two weeks ago so I have still holes in my knowledge.
So that only solution is to traverse it ..