Re: how to store a query, that results in a table - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jie Liang
Subject Re: how to store a query, that results in a table
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi, <br />So, your question is not client side, <br />you want store a procedure in db(server side) can accept para
fromclient side. <br />I have not seen Pg has a functionality to do like store procedure or package like Oracle <br />(
maybeI don't know), so , I suggest that : <br />1 use embeded SQL <br />2. store query as a SQL in shell script(
becauseshell script can accept parameters) <br />    in shell , you can say: <br />    echo "select * from table1 where
row1=$1"|rshpg_server /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -U robt db <br />    (e.g . remote shell call, local is same) <br />3.
ifyou use bash shell, you can also use pgbash(<a
href="http://www.psn.co.jp/PostgreSQL/pgbash/index-e.html)">http://www.psn.co.jp/PostgreSQL/pgbash/index-e.html)</a><p>Nelson
wrote:<blockquote type="CITE">thank you jie Liang for your response, but my problems are: <br />1. How to store a query
inthe database. <br />2. How to give a parameter from outside of database, for example: <br />select * from table1

Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121