How to escape apostrophes when apostrophes already used to escape something else - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject How to escape apostrophes when apostrophes already used to escape something else
Date
Re: How to escape apostrophes when apostrophes already used to escape something else  ("Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
Re: How to escape apostrophes when apostrophes already used to escape something else  (Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk>)
List pgsql-general
Hi there,

probably not too complicated, but although googling my way through
many pages, I don't find the solution.

I have a query which uses already an apostrophe to escape something
else:

$query = "SELECT
            *
        FROM
            crosstab('SELECT
                        COALESCE(c.name, '''') AS name,
                        d.year_start AS year,
                        d.value AS value
                    FROM
                        co2_total_cdiac AS d
                    RIGHT JOIN
                        countries_view AS c ON c.id = d.id_country
                    WHERE
                        (d.year_start = 1960 ) AND
                        (c.name = ''Cote d'Ivoire'' )
                    ORDER BY
                        1,2;', 3) AS ct(name varchar, y_1960 numeric)

Now, "Cote d'Ivoire" needs to be escaped too. But how can I achieve
this?

Thanks for any hints.

Stef

Attachment