Re: How to connect applet to different SQL server. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From doug@dupreeinc.com
Subject Re: How to connect applet to different SQL server.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Stuart, Ed, and Chris:  Thank you for the information on the java - postgresql
question.  I will look into RMI as I am not familar with it.  I will check out
the other suggestions as well.

I am also tracking down a fourth option for this problem.  It appears that one
can sign their applet with a digital signature and request additional rights
to allow connections to other systems.    It is true that the java VM is
allowed to connect only to the system that supplied the applet. I found some
information on this at the following site:

http://www.outsource-labs.com/java/security/netscape/

The problem with this method (it seems to me, but I have not tried it) is that
the user will have to "ALLOW" the additional rights each time they use my
applet.

Again, thanks for the help!

Doug