Re: pg_dump and large object? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump and large object?
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Paul Skinner" <skin@skin.dhs.org> writes:
> How should one go about backing up large objects from a DB as pg_dump only
> handles the internal data and structures?

There is a pg_dumplo utility in contrib/ in current sources.  I don't
think it existed in 7.0.*, but you could probably grab the current
snapshot and compile up pg_dumplo against your 7.0.* installation.
(Disclaimer: I haven't tried it personally, don't know if it works.)

> Do I just copy the files? If the worst does happen, I can restore from the
> pg_dump file and copy all the xinv and invx files  back?

That will not work...

            regards, tom lane