Linking legacy PHP stuff - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Brooke
Subject Linking legacy PHP stuff
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm posting this in the hope that someone else has encountered this
problem already and has solved it - if not I'll just have to plough into
the source and sort it myself.

I still have some Web apps written in PHP/FI 2.0.1. Yes, I know it's
hopelessly out of date, but they work, and they're not important enough
to be worth rewriting. Unfortunately PHP/FI 2.0 won't compile against
Postgres 7. It complains:

pg95.c:495: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make: *** [pg95.o] Error
1

What's actually going on at the time is:

        /* check result */
        result = pg_get_result(res_ind);
        if (result == NULL) {
                Error("Unable to find result index %s", res_ind);
                Push("", STRING);
                return;
        }

        curr_conn = result->conn;
        if ((curr_conn == NULL) && (pgTypeRes==0)) {
                Error("Unable to get connection for tuple typing in
pg_result")\;
                Push("", STRING);
                return;

}

where result is defined

        PGresult *result=NULL;

Anyone already got a fix? If not, anyone got any suggestions as to what
I start hacking? What has changed in the PGresult structure between 6.3
(when it worked for certain) and 7.0.2 (when it for certain doesn't).

Cheers

Simon

--
Simon Brooke, Technical Director, Weft Technology Ltd --
http://www.weft.co.uk/

    the weft is not just what binds the web: it is what makes it a web