Re: Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4 others - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Phillips
Subject Re: Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4 others
Date
List pgsql-general

<snip>

    Ned> The other databases tested against the AS3AP benchmarks, open
    Ned> source competitors MySQL 3.22 and Interbase 6.0, demonstrated
    Ned> some speed with a low number of users but a distinct lack of
    Ned> scalability. MySQL reached a peak of 803.48 with two users,
    Ned> but its performance fell precipitously under the stress of
    Ned> additional users to a rate of 117.87 transactions per second
    Ned> with 100 users. Similarly, Interbase reached 424 transactions
    Ned> per second with four users, but its performance declined
    Ned> steadily with additional users, dropping off to 146.86
    Ned> transactions per second with 100 users.

It would have been more interesting if MySQL 3.23 had been tested as
this has reached what seems to be a fairly stable beta and seems to
perform some operations significantly faster than 3.22 and I believe
may scale somewhat better as well. Of course it may not be so
interesting for most PostgreSQL users :-)

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.