Re: Re: Lock up on 7.0.2 involving CREATE FUNCTION/INDEX.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: Re: Lock up on 7.0.2 involving CREATE FUNCTION/INDEX..
Date
List pgsql-general
Philip Hallstrom wrote:

> Is there another function that will uppercase?  Or is there some way to
> call the other UPPER function?  Or something within plpgsql I don't know
> about.
> Thanks!
> -philip

I don't understand this. UPPER() is a built-in function:

stocks=# create table test (field varchar(16));
CREATE
stocks=# insert into test values ('hello');
INSERT 1788137 1
stocks=# select upper(field) from test;
 upper
-------
 HELLO
(1 row)

The oid for upper is 871. Do you not have this in your pg_proc?

--

Cheers,

Mike Mascari