Re: Changing user passwords - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rob van der Leek
Subject Re: Changing user passwords
Date
List pgsql-sql
A question about the ALTER USER command I couldn't find in the
standard documentation:

- How do I assign an 'undefined' password?

ALTER USER nobody WITH PASSWORD "";

works, but doesn't assign an undefined password to nobody (like the
`pg_passwd nobody` command would do).

DROP USER nobody; CREATE USER nobody;

doesn't do the job either.

And why does the ALTER USER command operates on pg_shadow instead of
pg_passwd? (or is this configurable?)

rob.

-

--