Bug??: getattproperties fails !! - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jan Ehrhardt
Subject Bug??: getattproperties fails !!
Date
List pgsql-bugs

                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name  : Jan Ehrhardt
Your email address : ehrhardt@medinf.mu-luebeck.de

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)   : SGI Octane SI (MIPS R10000)

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)  :IRIX 6.4

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.0):   PostgreSQL-7.0.1

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)  : MIPS PRO CC 7.2

As far as I know the installation procedure finish sucessfully. gmake
runcheck
runs fine.
Postmaster is running and I can connect with psql.
(For configuration and installation details see
http://www.medinf.mu-luebeck.de/~ehrhardt/HowTo/HowToCompilePostgreSQL.html)

I have created a user and do the following:

createdb -e mydb
CREATE DATABASE "mydb"
CREATE DATABASE
bert:~$psql
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

ehrhardt=> \dt
No relations found.
ehrhardt=> CREATE TABLE friend (
ehrhardt(> first CHAR(20),
ehrhardt(> last CHAR(20),
ehrhardt(> age INTEGER
ehrhardt(> );
CREATE
ehrhardt=> \dt
     List of relations
  Name  | Type  |  Owner
--------+-------+----------
 friend | table | ehrhardt
(1 row)

ehrhardt=> \d friend
ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2   <======

But the insert and select works:
ehrhardt=>INSERT INTO friend VALUES ('oliver','schmitt',33);
ehrhardt=> SELECT * FROM friend
ehrhardt-> \g
        first         |         last         | age
----------------------+----------------------+-----
 oliver               | schmitt              |  33
(1 row)

ehrhardt=> \d friend
ERROR:  getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

But the getattpropeties still fails !!!!

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

see above, is reproducible for every table I create.
The same problem occurs using the postgres user for creating the
database and the table.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

sorry, no idea.

Regards,

        Jan

--