Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in thisexpressioncontext - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Paul McGarry
Subject Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in thisexpressioncontext
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:
> View?  Hmm, we know that views involving GROUP BY or aggregates
> don't work very well.  We hope to fix those problems in 7.2, but
> right now there's probably not much that can be done about it.
> I'd recommend avoiding views that use those features for now.

Yes, I've just discovered the Todo list :) Oh well, it probably
needed rethinking anyway.....I want fast retrieval over fast
update so I probably want to do my min() and max() magic with
triggers on insert/update/delete rather than on each select
with the view.

In any case I have attached some SQL which sets up tables and
generates the ExecEvalAggref I was getting in case it is of
any use to anyone.

Cheers.

--
Paul McGarry            mailto:paulm@opentec.com.au