Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in this expressioncontext - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in this expressioncontext
Date
List pgsql-sql
Paul McGarry <paulm@opentec.com.au> writes:
>> Yup.  ExecEvalAggref is supposed to fetch the result of a (previously
>> computed) aggregate function.  It's unhappy because it's not finding
>> anything to return.  This is a bug --- can we see a complete example
>> that causes it?

> The view that I am experiencing this error on is rather nasty, so
> much so that I am going to solve the problem it was supposed to
> solve in another way.

View?  Hmm, we know that views involving GROUP BY or aggregates
don't work very well.  We hope to fix those problems in 7.2, but
right now there's probably not much that can be done about it.
I'd recommend avoiding views that use those features for now.
        regards, tom lane