Re: pg_group_name_index corrupt? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: pg_group_name_index corrupt?
Date
Re: pg_group_name_index corrupt?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: pg_group_name_index corrupt?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
RE: pg_group_name_index corrupt?  ("Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Hiroshi did commit a change to doc/src/sgml/ref/postgres-ref.sgml for
> that just a few days ago, but I guess it didn't make it into the derived
> files that Thomas was preparing off-line.  I believe there were several
> other small doco fixes while Thomas was on vacation --- I dunno if he
> plans to try to get those into the 7.0 derived docs or not.

I'll move a new copy of the html into users-lounge before release, and
will try poking at the hardcopy versions too (but I consider the
hardcopy fixes noncritical since we are so far past the "freeze"
point).

Depends on the actual release schedule as to whether they will get in
to the hardcopy; the pg_group stuff doesn't open a large can of worms,
but we might want a few days for it to settle out??

btw, I'm all for fixing pg_group (it is really nonoptional imho) and
the ODBC stuff is noncritical since loading the contrib/odbc/odbc.sql
is sufficient to get the functions or operators defined since the
support code is already in the backend.
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California