Re: clang 15 doesn't like our JIT code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: clang 15 doesn't like our JIT code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> there's also the walker stuff[1] to address.

Yeah.  I just did some experimentation with that, and it looks like
neither gcc nor clang will cut you any slack at all for declaring
an argument as "void *": given say

typedef bool (*tree_walker_callback) (Node *node, void *context);

the walker functions also have to be declared with exactly "void *"
as their second argument.  So it's going to be just as messy and
full-of-casts as we feared.  Still, I'm not sure we have any
alternative.