Re: [HACKERS] Request for 7.0 JDBC status - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> If so, I need them (Java 1 and 2) for the RPM's.  I don't do Java -- and
> the RPM's have historically packaged the .jar files as pulled verbatim
> from retep.org.uk.  I haven't distributed RC2 RPM's yet for partially
> that reason

"I don't do Java" can change fairly easily; just pick up the java
tarball from blackdown.org or sun.com, untar it into /usr/local, then
set your path via
 set path=(/usr/local/jdk-xxx $path)

Go into src/interfaces/jdbc and type
 make jdbc2

then grab the jar file(s).

otoh, how close are you Peter (hope you see this; I've blown away
enough email to have lost your address) to posting a built jar file or
whatever is usually provided? Should we post this somewhere on
postgresql.org to help out? Should I post my recently built stuff?

> NOTE:
> I have gotten good response and patches to the RPM's from a number of
> people this go around -- and it is ENCOURAGING!

Great!
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California