Re: [GENERAL] Query time is too long for netscape - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chairudin Sentosa Harjo
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Query time is too long for netscape
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

"Culberson, Philip" wrote:

> Without knowing the distribution of records in the transaction table it is
> difficult to relate the schema to the actual data.  Do you know what a
> typical query will be like?  i.e.  How is a typical date range and
> service_type query going to limit the number of rows returned?  Will a one
> month date range and a particular service type limit the return set to a
> couple rows, a couple hundred, a couple of hundred thousand?
>
> The first thing that caught my eye is that you are not limiting the query
> results to an individual customer's ID so conceivably you could be returning
> a large majority of half a million rows.  Could this be the problem?

Yep, it is possible.
I could return 3 months of data (or even more), it depends on the date
selection.

What can I do to handle this?
The most important thing I want is to make netscape do not timeout too
fast.
Is there a way to send fake data to netscape, so netscape won't time
out?

Regards,
Chai