Re: pgsql: Unbreak recovery test on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Unbreak recovery test on Windows
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Ugh.  Is there any reason we need to do those kills before we end the
> psql processes? If not I'm tempted just to move them - after the psql's
> are finished it should be safe. At any rate I'll go and test that.

IIUC, that'd completely destroy the point of the test, which is to make
sure we clean up when a backend dies unexpectedly.  If we allow the
psql's to exit then the backend might be able to complete normal cleanup
before we can SIGKILL it.

Probably the best thing for now is to revert your change and instead
just skip the whole test script on Windows.

            regards, tom lane