Re: [PORTS] Re: Postgress 6.5.3 on Irix 6.5.x? - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject Re: [PORTS] Re: Postgress 6.5.3 on Irix 6.5.x?
Date
List pgsql-ports
Jim Gramke wrote:

> About the last item that I can add is that when I run the "configure" script,
> I use the --with-CXX=CC  option.  If I don't use this option, I get this error:
>
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++   ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
> create executables.
>
> Is there anything other information you would like for me to provide?

Ahhh! Well, it may not correct your error, but if you don't have the C++ compiler
then you need to configure with the option '--without-CXX'.

Do a 'gmake clean' first to erase any previously compiled stuff. Then erase the
config.cache. Then re-run your configure with:

configure --without-CXX

It will skip checking for the C++ compiler.

-Tony