Re: [PORTS] Re: Postgress 6.5.3 on Irix 6.5.x? - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From G. Anthony Reina
Subject Re: [PORTS] Re: Postgress 6.5.3 on Irix 6.5.x?
Date
List pgsql-ports
Jim Gramke wrote:

> I have g++ 2.8.1, and CC is the SGI supplied MIPS-Pro C++ compiler.  It would
> seem one of those would be ok.
>
> I'll try it with the without option you describe.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

I don't have the C++ compiler, so I always use the --without-CXX option.
However, I wonder if you may want to use the g++ compiler instead of CC (if you
really need c++). (Postgres was created for the GNU compilers I believe.)

Anyone out there know if using the GNU compilers is better for Postgres? Or is
there no real difference?

-Tony