Re: BUG #1491: Getting an "undefined symbol" when loading contrib mod. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1491: Getting an "undefined symbol" when loading contrib mod.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Alexis Wilke" <alexis@m2osw.com> writes:
> Operating system:   Linux

You need to be a lot more specific than that, because this stuff works
fine on all the variants of Linux we know about.

> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ltree.so failed:
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ltree.so: undefined symbol: errstart

Are you sure you're loading into a 7.4-or-later backend?  (Check "select
version();" to be certain.)  The only other possibility I can think of
is that the backend has been stripped of symbols --- in which case it's
not errstart that's at fault particularly, that just happens to be the
first missing symbol reported.

            regards, tom lane