Re: Upgrading 6.5.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Upgrading 6.5.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp> writes:
> 6.5.1 is *really* old. Are there any docs still left lying around on
> things I should watch out for (data types that are no longer supported
> for example) when moving the data?

You should probably expect problems ... for example, the standard names
of datetime-related datatypes are different now.

I would suggest dumping schema and data separately (pg_dump -s and -a
IIRC).  Try to load the schema, edit manually, repeat till successful.
Then try to load the data.  With luck you won't need any data edits.

            regards, tom lane