Re: [HACKERS] Re: date/time type changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: date/time type changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Could you outline the proposed changes?  I am currently using datetime
> and want to make sure my code doesn't break.
> > > Thomas, are you planning on unifying the date/time types for 7.0?

The datetime type will become "timestamp" and the timespan type will
become "interval". Both "datetime" and "timespan" will become aliases
for timestamp and interval, respectively, and code *should* work
without having to be changed.
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California