Re: pgsql: Refactor the sslfiles Makefile target for ease of use - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pgsql: Refactor the sslfiles Makefile target for ease of use
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 27 Oct 2021, at 16:37, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 26 Oct 2021, at 19:41, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
>> This fails during 'make clean' in a vpath build, because sslfiles.mk cannot be
>> found. Probably just needs
>
> It does in fact need that diff, but sslfiles.mk also needs to be taught about
> the current $(srcdir) to properly function under VPATH for "make sslfiles".

Discussing this off-list with Jacob, and dabbling some more with it, this needs
more thought.  It's not clear what make sslfiles should do in a VPATH build,
and where, since the artefacts are both generated and distributed.  I've pushed
the small fix to ensure "make clean" works as that's a much more common
usecase, to allow for time to discuss "make sslfiles" on -hackers.