Re: resolved: WITH RECURSIVE: ARRAY[id] All column datatypes must be hashable - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: resolved: WITH RECURSIVE: ARRAY[id] All column datatypes must be hashable
Date
Re: resolved: WITH RECURSIVE: ARRAY[id] All column datatypes must be hashable  (Will Furnass <will@thearete.co.uk>)
List pgsql-sql
rawi <only4com@web.de> writes:
> The Error was caused because I used UNION in place of UNION ALL.

> I still don't understand why the ARRAY (path) could not be grouped...

Yeah, it's an unimplemented feature --- there's no hashing support for
arrays.  I hope to get that done for 8.5.  In the meantime you have
to use UNION ALL there.  If you really need to eliminate duplicate
rows, you can do that via DISTINCT in the outer query.
        regards, tom lane