Re: Bug in tables column data in postgres database - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug in tables column data in postgres database
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sarita Sharma <saritakumarisharma61@gmail.com> writes:
> I am getting a genuine defect that from postgres database as I am working
> for a well recognised organization and I am only handling coding from
> layers that includes spring boot, Jpa configuration for database
> connectivity and postgres as database.

Look: you have not provided one single shred of evidence to demonstrate
that you are encountering a Postgres bug (as opposed to some other
problem).  If you continue to repeat that claim without adding such
evidence, you're just wasting your time as well as the time of all the
readers of this mailing list.

There are some hints about formulating a well-documented problem
report here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

as well as in the fine manual:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/bug-reporting.html

I will just mention one possible source of problems that might
perhaps match your issue, which is index corruption.  If there's
recently been an OS update on the Postgres server's machine,
that becomes a lot more plausible as the cause:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes

But in any case, reindexing the indexes of the troublesome table(s)
would be a worthwhile step.  If you still have problems after
that, you'll need to start localizing and documenting the trouble
as per the previous links.  We cannot help you without a *lot*
more information than you've provided.

            regards, tom lane