Re: Re: Server tries to read a different config file than it is supposed to - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: Server tries to read a different config file than it is supposed to
Date
Re: Server tries to read a different config file than it is supposed to  (twoflower <standa.kurik@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
> So on my Ubuntu installs it does not set up the postgres user to allow login, so how are you getting to:
> su postgres -c ...

From root, presumably ...

I thought of a different theory: maybe the server's complaint is not due
to trying to read that file as a config file, but it's just because there
is an unreadable/unwritable file in the data directory.  See Christoph
Berg's complaint at
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150523172627.GA24277@msg.df7cb.de

This would only apply if the OP was trying to use this week's releases
though.  Also, I thought the fsync-everything code would only run if
the server had been shut down uncleanly.  Which maybe it was, but that
bit of info wasn't provided either.

            regards, tom lane