Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adriaan Joubert
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Update of bitmask type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I can integrate the type for you into the include/catalog files if
> everyone agrees they want it as a standard type and not an contrib type.

Hi,
Attached are the C-routines that implement a BIT and BIT VARYING type.
I know Bruce said he would integrate them, but he is writing a book at
the moment as well, so if somebody can explain to me how to go about
integrating it, or would like to have a go, go ahead.

If any functions are missing, let me know and I will add them. This
should implement concatenation and substr as defined in the SQL
standard, as well as comparison operators. I've also added all the
normal bit operators.

I developed the C routines outside the postgres source tree, only using
postgres.h and copying bits from ctype.h. I hope it will be fairly easy
to integrate.

Any comments welcome.

Adriaan