Mandrake Postgres RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Mandrake Postgres RPMs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've installed Mandrake 6.1 on a new laptop (an early Christmas
present :) and notice a little trouble with the RPMs. Somehow, they
include the old postgresql-clients-6.4.2 package as well as all of the
-6.5.1 packages. I assume that RedHat 6.1 does not show the same
problem?

Does anyone already talk to the Mandrake folks, or run Mandrake and
would like to pursue this?

btw, the RPM installation was *really nice*!!!!! For some reason the
server packages were not installed when I built the system, and I
installed later so got to see it happen. The RPM automatically
unpacked everything, did the initdb, and a
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start" got me a server.

One detail: Mandrake defines a Postgres user, but disables the
password. I added the password and was then able to log in as the
Postgres user and add other users. Is that the preferred way to do
it??
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California