Re: [HACKERS] Mandrake Postgres RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From J. Roeleveld
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Mandrake Postgres RPMs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One detail: Mandrake defines a Postgres user, but disables the
> password. I added the password and was then able to log in as the
> Postgres user and add other users. Is that the preferred way to do
> it??

I usually 'su' to the postgres - user from root, and then create a
super-user-account
for myself, and then do all the other stuff from there.
I don't know how other people think about this, but I have found that
the less passwords there are into a system, the harder it is for people to
break in.

Joost Roeleveld