Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver for Linux - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jan Dittberner
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver for Linux
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Joseph A. Martin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >       I need an ODBC driver that I can run under Linux. I am running
> > PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on a Mandrake 6.0. I have tried the driver that is
> > distributed under the filename pgodbc-0.11.tgz. I have also seen on
> > the PostODBC home page that its source has been ported to Linux. I
> > downloaded the source code and could find no Linux build instructions
> > or makefiles. Where can I find a Linux ODBC driver for PostgreSQL?

I compiled a RPM for Mandrake 6.1 yesterday. I'll upload it to
ftp.linux-mandrake.com/incoming on monday 99/10/18.

It works with PostgreSQL and StarOffice 5.1

> You may want to consider trying the RPM set released for RedHat 6.1 --
> available for RedHat 6.0 on my website, www.ramifordistat.net.  The set, which
> is 6.5.2-1, should work fine under Mandrake 6.0. The ODBC driver is included in
> the set by default -- I have not as of yet set it up myself, but I do need to
> do so for StarOffice shortly.  If you try it, let me know how it goes.
>
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
>
> ************

configuration files:

--
/etc/odbcinst.ini
--

--
/etc/odbc.ini
--
[template1]
Description             = template1
Driver                  = postgresql
Trace                   = No
Tracefile               = /tmp/postgresql.log
Database                = template1
Username                =
Password                =
Port                    = 5432
Protocol                = 6.4
ReadOnly                = No
RowVersioning           = No
ShowSystemTables        = No
ShowOidColumn           = No
FakeOidIndex            = No
ConnSettings            =

Jan Dittberner
Technical University Dresden - department of computer science
mail: jan@jan-dittberner.de