Re: [INTERFACES] unixODBC + PostgreSQL 6.5.1 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] unixODBC + PostgreSQL 6.5.1
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> I tried to use unixODBC to connect to a PostgreSQL 6.5.1 DB via
> StarOffice. I couldn't successfully configure odbcinst.ini or
> odbc.ini.

I've had success connecting via Applixware using the included
~/.odbc.ini (note the leading "dot", if that happens to be different
on your system). afaik I do not use any odbcinst.ini file. You might
want to try with a single file at first, until you sort out the
installation.

Good luck.

                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California[ODBC Data Sources]
DataEntry = Read/Write Database
QueryOnly = Read-only Database
Test = Debugging Database
Default = Postgres Stripped

[DataEntry]
ReadOnly = 0
Servername = localhost
Database = lockhart

[QueryOnly]
ReadOnly = 1
Servername = localhost
Database = lockhart

[Test]
Debug = 1
CommLog = 1
ReadOnly = 0
Servername = localhost
Username = lockhart
Password = "no$way"
Port = 5432
Database = test
TextAsLongVarchar = 0

[Default]
Servername = localhost
Database = lockhart
Driver = /opt/postgres/current/lib/libpsqlodbc.so

[ODBC]
InstallDir = /opt/applix/axdata/axshlib