Re: Problem with WIKI Contents links - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Problem with WIKI Contents links
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Apparently a lot of these are related to the fact that <dt> and <dd> are
>> not closed in the TodoItemBase template.
>
> Brendan, someone, can this be corrected?

It's possible.  The <dt> and <dd> tags were an easy way to get the
kind of layout I wanted (and they are appropriate semantic markup for
TODO items), but because of some of the quirks of mediawiki, I wasn't
able to close the tags in the normal way.

It's less than ideal.  Obviously producing bogus HTML isn't my idea of
a good time, but when I put the TODO templates together it seemed to
be the best of several poor alternatives.

I suppose we could switch to using <div>s with style="..." attributes
to control the layout, but the TODO already renders as a 53kB of HTML.
 It's quite heavy.  Switching to <div> for the list items themselves
will increase this substantially, which in turn increases load times
and therefore reduces usability.

Cheers,
BJ