Commitfest namespacing (was: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Commitfest namespacing (was: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?)
Date
Re: Commitfest namespacing (was: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?)  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Re: Commitfest namespacing (was: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?)  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>  > I am impressed at the state of the May wiki patch queue:
>  >
>  >       http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest:May
>  >
>  > It is even tracking the psql wrap patch I am working on now.
>
>  Thanks.  We've put a certain amount of effort on it.  Credit for the
>  templating system goes to Brendan Jurd, who implemented the way to make
>  it display as tables but without the messy markup.  I think the
>  templates that are now in place make for a reasonably comfortable
>  environment.  Not as simple as editing a plain text file, but I expect
>  it is lean enough.

I appreciate your positive comment Bruce.  Credit must also go to
Alvaro for supplying valuable feedback and encouragement offlist while
I worked on those templates =)

I wonder if we should namespace the CommitFest pages by year as well
as month (i.e., move CommitFest:May to CommitFest:May2008).  This way,
even after we've had a CommitFest:May in 2009/2010/etc., the history
of the May 2008 CommitFest will still be easily viewable as a discrete
item.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
BJ