Re: [HACKERS] pgbash-1.1.1 release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From SAKAIDA Masaaki
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbash-1.1.1 release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>  wrote:
> That's really cool !
 Thank you.

> I just install and played a little bit.
> I found a minor problem :
> I have to connect to any database to issue
> exec_sql -l database
> I have no my personal database
> Here is a log:
>
> bash-2.03$ exec_sql -l database
> (-402)FATAL 1:  Database megera does not exist in pg_database
 If CONNECT have not been executed yet, "CONNECT TO DEFAULT"
will be automatically issued when -l option is executed.
 If user name is "megera", then "CONNECT TO DEFAULT" is equal
to "CONNECT TO megera USER megera".

> bash-2.03$ exec_sql "connect to discovery"
> # PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1, compiled by gcc 2.95.1
> # CONNECT TO  discovery:5432  AS  discovery  USER  megera
>
> bash-2.03$ exec_sql -l database
> # Databases list
>
> datname  |datdba|encoding|datpath
> ---------+------+--------+---------
> template1|   505|      16|template1
> apod     |    11|      16|apod
>
> I don't understand this requirements just to list all databases
 This approach is equal to psql.

# However, I consider that "CONNECT TO template1" may be better  than "CONNECT TO <User_naame>" in the case of "-l
database".

--
Regard.

SAKAIDA Masaaki -- Osaka, Japan