Re: remote database connection - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Alb
Subject Re: remote database connection
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:14:04 -0700
> From: "Eid, Bilal" <Bilal_Eid@NAI.com>
> Subject: remote database connection
>
> Hi every one,
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
>
> I'm running PosygreSQL 6.4 (that come on the Redhat Linux 6.0 CD) and iodbc
> 2.5.

> I developed an application to access the database through iodbc; every thing
> was fine regarding the database and its applications.
>
> I tried to trace the error and I got these:
> Could not connect to server;
> Could not connect to remote socket;

This could be the reason: you are not starting postmaster with -i option or
postmaster is listening to a different port than you have specified in your DSN.
You can check the postmaster's port by doing: ls -la /tmp/.*PGSQL* and  the
result should be like:
srwxrwxrwx         1        postgres    postgres      /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
where 5432 is the port number (or whatever port you're using).
Change your DSN to match this port.
If ls result is "no such file ..." you probably didn't start postmaster with -i.

Adrian Alb
UNIX Sys Admin
StockGroup.COM