Re: [HACKERS] Permission problem with COPY FROM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nuchanach Klinjun
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Permission problem with COPY FROM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

    I've faced that problem too, then I use '\copy' instread
of 'copy' because 'copy' command will asked for super user previlege.
example
^^^^^^ -> \copy '/your location/your filename' to tablename;

Cheers,

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, [iso-8859-1] St�phane FILLON wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Each time I try to insert an ascii file with the COPY FROM command, I get the following message:
>
>  "ERROR: COPY command, running in backend with effective uid 501 (that's Postgres), could not open file
'/usr/local/.../cltclr001'for reading. Error: Permission not allowed (13)."

> What rights do I have to put to process the COPY command inside PSQL.
>
> I have try nearly everything, actual rights: uog+rw even on the directory.
>

> What's wrong.
>
> Stephane FILLON

Nuchanach  Klinjun
R&D Project. Internet Thailand