Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...
Date
Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Scott,

On Feb 10, 2004, at 2:06 PM, scott.marlowe wrote:

> Now, if you don't mind using the ODBC connector, you're scott free.
> but
> you WILL be bound by the GPL, and the GPL (not MySQL's interpretation,
> just the GPL in general) being applied to connect libs seriously limits
> your ability to distribute code, since you'd have to GPL your own code
> if
> you distributed it outside your own private organization.

So are you saying that if you connect to any GPL database (e.g. gnumed
is a GPL database created with Postgresql), you must GPL your code?
Even when using something like ODBC as the connection method?

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.