Re: Help with postgresql memory issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brooks Lyrette
Subject Re: Help with postgresql memory issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for all the help guys.

So this is what I get from all this. My solaris zone will cap me at around 900M-1000M RSS memory. Therefore using the math from a pervious reply I can only have about 23 connections to my database without maxing out the machines memory?

This seems a little low, won't postgres start swapping to disk once the available RAM is used up?

You'll have to excuse me if this seems like a newbie question.

Thanks again,
Brooks L.