Re: [SQL] WHERE parent IN (0,-1) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [SQL] WHERE parent IN (0,-1)
Date
List pgsql-sql
> >> I can get around the problem (I think) by using WHERE parent IN
> >> (0,'-1').
> It's a grammar problem.  in_expr_nodes and not_in_expr_nodes expect
> the elements of the IN-list to be AexprConst ... I wonder why not
> a_expr instead?  Might be a reduce conflict, but I bet we could at
> least use b_expr.  Thomas, any comments?

The immediate problem is with handling the minus sign; I should be
able to fix that (I had changed the handling of minus signs to get
better behavior with cases like "- 1" and "2-1" in other contexts). My
recollection is that SQL92 allows only lists of constants, and there
may have been shift/reduce problems with doing more than that. Will
poke at it in between getting Bruce's man pages going ;)
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California