Re: [BUGS] BUG #14521: pg_attribute.attndims = 0 for array column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14521: pg_attribute.attndims = 0 for array column
Date
List pgsql-bugs
krzysztof.heim@gmail.com writes:
> I have base table A with column type integer array.
> I also have table B derived from table A.

> When I query pg_attribute for table A, attndims shows 1 (correct), when I do
> same query for table B - attndims shows 0 for same column.

> Is it a bug, or it's desired behavior (since it's a derived column).

We don't really care.  attndims is a historical leftover and should never
be relied on for any semantically significant purpose.

TBH, my inclination would be to remove the column altogether rather than
"fix" this.