[BUGS] BUG #14521: pg_attribute.attndims = 0 for array column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From krzysztof.heim@gmail.com
Subject [BUGS] BUG #14521: pg_attribute.attndims = 0 for array column
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14521
Logged by:          Krzysztof Heim
Email address:      krzysztof.heim@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
Operating system:   Ubuntu 16.04

Hello,

I have base table A with column type integer array.
I also have table B derived from table A.

When I query pg_attribute for table A, attndims shows 1 (correct), when I do
same query for table B - attndims shows 0 for same column.

Is it a bug, or it's desired behavior (since it's a derived column).

I checked documentation, and it does not say anything about behavior in case
of derived - just says if attndims is > 0 you can assume it's array.

Thanks